- Parramatta Location
- Permanent Full-Time Position
- Remuneration: $40,000 – $60,000 + Superannuation depending on experience
Our client is an established accounting practice based in the dynamic and growing city of Parramatta who looks after a portfolio of clients ranging from SME’s, individuals and managed superannuation funds is seeking to add an Intermediate Accountant to their team. The role will be supporting a team of senior accountants and staff to provide hands on services in managing a portfolio of clients across a variety of industries and provide support in managing workload in the office. This role reports directly to the Managing Director and will perform the below duties but are not limited to:
- Undertaking accounting/business services assignments for clients, including financial account preparation, annual returns, BAS preparation, trusts/companies and evaluation of client accounting systems.
- Undertaking taxation services including researching and concluding basic tax issues, verifying client’s financial results and analysis of income and expenditure, prepare & checking tax returns
- Information gathering, completion and calculation procedures for various tax returns including Fringe Benefits
- Liaising with the ATO on taxation matters
- Liaising with client’s queries
- Contributing to a client-focused team and a supportive workplace culture.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have the following key attributes, skills and strengths:
- Recent or soon to be graduate of an accounting bachelor degree. Also open to TAFE qualifications
- Cam be totally new to the industry or have 2 years experience in accounting
- Experience using XERO/MYOB or equivalent software
- Good knowledge of accounting and finance standards and principles
- Demonstrate a customer-centric approach with their work
- Demonstrate the ability to think outside of the box while working within defined processes to deliver viable solutions
- Have a great personality, willingness to learn and demonstrate a Can-Do and proactive attitude
- Ability to work well within individual and team setting
The main KPI’s of the role will be measured through maximizing chargeable time to the client and ensuring that all chargeable work done is within the approved budget with the client.
On offer is being able to work with an established accounting firm with a variety of clients, professional coaching and mentoring, regular team events and being able to participate in a reward-driven goals program.
If this is you, please register your interest for this role by forwarding your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Your application will be treated with strict confidentiality. Thank you.